Where do we put all this data!
There's certainly a lot being written at the moment about the significance of data in our lives. With the advent of advanced networks, virtualisation and cloud computing, massive (and cheap) storage etc., together with the ever-increasing demands for storing large, multimedia files, we're beginning to see a completely different perspective on data stemming from concerns such as…
- what data do we need to store and manage?
- how long do we need to keep it for?
- where will it be stored?
- what format(s) will it be stored in?
- who can access it?
- what about backup, support, failover etc.?
- what can we do with it (combinations, mash-ups, visualisation etc.)?
Christchurch earthquakes highlight data issues
The recent earthquakes in Christchurch have brought many of these issues sharply into focus with several schools and businesses losing access to their data when their servers were lost or damaged in buildings. This infographic showing