1. Alex.Hotere-Barnes@core-ed.ac.nz' Alex says:

Tēnā koe Rosie! Thank you for sharing your story about the impact of colonisation on you and your iwi.

For me the Treaty offers us a map to establish and maintain respectful relationships in this country, now and into the future.

I'm constantly in awe of how, despite the wrongful alienation of lands and the planned marginalisation of tikanga and reo Māori, many Māori continue to invite their Treaty partner to come back and reconcile, and plan towards the future.

As a third generation Pākehā I aim respond to that invitation, and honor that relationahip, so that peace and a new future can be created. Kia manawanui tātou.

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora e te parata, I like the way you think of it as a map and love the idea of peace amongst the nation, wouldn't that day be great! Wairarapa Māori and Pākehā did live in Peace once upon a time, we have what was created the Peace treaty. Maybe a national Peace treaty?

2. tessa.gray@core-ed.net' Tessa Gray says:

Kia ora Rosalie, thank you for sharing the very personal story of your own whānau and iwi. You've put a very human face to the Treaty of Waitangi and made some teachable moments achieveable. This is a story we must share with our next generation(s) and I for one, am going to share it with my son. Tēnā rawa atu koe :-)

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Tessa

It would be special if everybody shared the true stories of our history with their children to help the imbalance in society with attitudes and values that exist still ever so strongly.

ngā mihi

Rose

3. Maxinehemi@gmail.com' Maxine Hemim says:

Miharo ngā korero e te whanaunga.  Ngā mihi. Ngā mihi.

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Maxine

Kua tae te wā ki te whakahokia te mana ki a tāua nei tīpuna me te mana o Wairarapa ki te iwi whānui.

ngā mihi

Rose

4. paniamarino@gmail.com' Pania Whauwhau says:

Raweve hoa whakahīhī katoa au I tenei tuhinga au x

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora mai e hoa x

5. Ka mihi ake rā ki a koe e Rose mōu i wāhi ēnei kōrero hei kupu āwhina i ngā kaiwhakaako huri noa i te motu.

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Sonya, ko te mea nui he rauemi tēnei mā ngā kaiako katoa!

ngā mihi

Rosalie

6. maria.krausse@core-ed.ac.nz' Maria Krausse says:

Thanks for sharing some of the stories of your tipuna. Really appreciate the suggestions on ways forward.

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Maria and thank you for your response. I pray that we can all move forward together!

7. janelle.riki-waaka@core-ed.org' Janelle Riki-Waaka says:

Miharo rawa atu tēnei e hoa.  Thank you for sharing your whānau kōrero with us Rose and for reminding all of us why it's so important that our kids are taught the history of our country and our people.  I aboslutely loved reading this post.  Ngā mihi aroha ki a koe.

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Tēnā koe e hoa, ko te tumanako he kōrero akiaki tēnei ki te hunga e mataku ana ki te whāingai ngā kōrero pono me ngā kōrero tika o a tātou nei tīpuna puta noa i te motu, ko tērā te hītori o tēnei whenua. Ngā mihi, Rose

8. rugger8p@hotmail.com' Athol Parkinson says:

I played golf with Lawrence Rieri once,in 91-92,he was introduced to me by George Flood,who was hosting me in Masterton,I remember the shearer,golfer well a character for sure :) a few LDS friends from the past,small world nei!

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Athol, yes my dad is a character in deed! Anyone that meets him would not leave without a sore puku from laughing. I do believe laughter has helped him with the pain and grief of loosing his wife at such a young age and leaving him with 6 children and to suffer what he has endured with my mum's family after all these years. Shearing and golf are his definite playgrounds to share his yarns :-) I loved Papa George, he was a great man and a great example to me. His family just had his unveiling this month. The world is small.

9. marie.hibbs@gmail.com' Marie Hibbs says:

Ngā mihi mahana mõ te tau hou Rosalie,

A wonderful recollection of your whānau story… and yes land conflict is still on-going in the Wairarapa… would love to share your story on our Te Hika a Papauma hapū website… but only with your permission. Marie

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Tēnā koe e Marie

Of course you can, it would be a priviliege to share these stories with your Wairarapa whānau who would have had ancestors that experienced similar social injustices. Kia ora mai. Rosalie

10. kylieschmiley@gmail.com' kylie says:

Kiaora Rose

Thank you for sharing your whanau story and the blog post.  If you dont mind I would like to share it with my friends and whanau: The classroom is a great place to start, even better to begin educating others outside of the classroom.  Would you mind if I did this?

KAH

1. Rosalie Reiri says:

Kia ora Kylie

I would be honoured if you shared my story and the stories of my tīpuna. Ngā mihi. Rosalie

11. temihinga.komene@core-ed.ac.nz' Te Mihinga Komene says:

Kātahi anō ahau ka pānui i tō rangitaki nei me ngā kōrero mō ngō tūpuna me te rongo hoki i te wairua e rere nei. Ka mutu koe, e hoa! E tika ana kia hōrapa whānuitia ngēnei kōrero kia rongo te ao. Mā ngēnei tū kōrero ngā tātou tamariki hei ako, arā, mā ngā kōrero a te whānau kia titia rawatia ki te ngākau. Ka nui rā ngā mihi!