Without a doubt conferences of the stature of the "International Conference on Thinking" (ICOT) are rare in New Zealand.
The last was last held in Auckland in 2001. CORE Education has won the right to host this prestigious and very popular conference again in 2013, this time in Wellington. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for teachers and educational leaders to participate in an exceptionally high quality, professionally rich, learning experience.
Far from being seen as a one-off, stand-alone event, ICOT 2013 can be thought of as part of an ongoing cycle of development within a school's professional learning programme. With its spectacular world-renowned keynote and feature speakers, including Edward de Bono, Dr Kerry Spackman, Professor Guy Claxton, Dr Kirpal Singh, Dr John Edwards, ICOT 2013 will help to build a national professional learning community among the education sector focused on the pedagogy of learning and the value of thinking. This opportunity is critical for developing and extending the vision and capability of school leaders, and in challenging our teachers to think 'outside the box' when it comes to differentiated learning.
ICOT 2013 will provide a powerful platform for teachers to reconsider and refresh their views on how learning occurs, and how to shape the world of the learner as a thinker and developer of knowledge and understanding. In so many ways exposure to the best in the world in this arena will provide elements which allow delegates to participate in:
- a forum to network and exchange ideas, best practices, expertise and unlock creativity
- a chance to hear world-renowned keynote and invited presenters, who will challenge their thinking and inspire action
- opportunities to engage in presenting and other discussion opportunities available throughout this immersive experience
- access to workshops that showcase new ideas, tools, and the resources from international as well as national presenters
- a forum for reflection on progress and the setting of new goals for schools and thier staff
- exposure to a wide range of materials and resources around thinking and learning via the educationally-focused trade exhibition
- a conference full of immersive opportunities.
Find out more about: